Organic Quinoa: Grande Harvest Red Quinoa
Available in: 2lb./907g
How to Cook Red Quinoa:
There are many ways you can prepare red quinoa, just like other types of quinoa or other grains.
You can cook red quinoa using the stove-top method, or even preparing it using a microwave or rice cooker.
Make sure you follow manufacturer's directions.
For a typical way to cook quinoa, view the cooking instructions below:
1. Rinse quinoa. Stir with your hand and pour off the rinsing water. You can use a fine mesh strainer when you do this.
2. Then drain quinoa.
3. Place the rinsed quinoa into a cooking pot.
4. Add 2 cups water.
5. Add 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
6. Bring quinoa to a full boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover using tight-fitting lid.
7. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
8. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork and let stand 5 minutes.
Yield: 1 cup of uncooked quinoa yields 3 cups cooked quinoa.