Organic Quinoa: Grande Harvest White Quinoa
Available in: 2lb./907g
How to Cook White Quinoa:
Just like other quinoa, such as red or tri-colour quinoa, there are many ways you can prepare white quinoa.
You can cook white quinoa using the following methods: Stove-top method, Microwave Method and even by the use of Rice Cooker.
It is important though that you go by the manufacturer's directions when using a microwave and rice cooker.
See the common cooking instructions below:
1. Rinse quinoa. Stir with your hand and pour off the rinsing water. You can use a fine mesh strainer when you do this.
2. Then drain quinoa.
3. Place the rinsed quinoa into a cooking pot.
4. Add 2 cups water.
5. Add 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
6. Bring quinoa to a full boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover using tight-fitting lid.
7. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
8. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork and let stand 5 minutes.
Yield: 1 cup of uncooked quinoa yields 3 cups cooked quinoa.